Certified Process Management Professional (CPMP)
This certification helps building owners, developers, standards writing agencies and others assess the capability of individuals to manage the whole building commissioning process. The CPMP oversees and coordinates the commissioning process and communicates on behalf of the building owner with the commissioning provider and the commissioning team.
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
ASHRAE certifies individuals who have been involved with at least 3 Cx projects and have one of the following:
- Professional engineer, architect or building contractor license with a minimum of 3 years' facilities operations/manage¬ment, construction, design or consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architec¬ture or related field and a minimum of 6 years' facilities operations/management, construction, design or consulting experience
- Associate's degree or technical diploma in building design, construction, construction management, facility operation, or a related field and a minimum of 7 years' facilities operations/management, construction, design or consulting experience
- High school diploma or equivalent or construction-related trades training or building operations training from a nationally or internationally recognized trade association with a minimum of 10 years' facilities operations/management, construction, design, or consulting experience
No training required. ASHRAE, however, provides a list of resources that candidates may choose to review.
The multiple-choice exam is closed-book and lasts 2.5-hours. ASHRAE administers exams by computer at 150 test centers distributed geographically throughout the United States. Topics include the Cx process for new buildings (60% weighting), the Cx process for existing buildings (25% weighting) and the ongoing Cx process (15% weighting). ASHRAE does not publish its minimum passing score.
- Exam fee: $295 for members, $415 for nonmembers
- Certification renewal fee: $125 for members, $195 for nonmembers +
Certification is renewable every 3 years. Certificants must earn 45 continuing education units, as defined by ASHRAE, during that time.
1791 Tullie Circle, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30329
Tel: (404) 636-5800
Last revised October 2010